Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year!

 
Here's my crafty plan for 2011 by the numbers:
  • 6 Pairs of Socks.  I am loosely following the Yarn Harlot’s Self-Imposed sock club.  I aim to make 6 pair of socks, from stash yarn and patterns I already own (or free ones).  I own four sock knitting books so patterns won’t be a problem, and I had an “adult conversation” with my stash yesterday and concluded that I have plenty of sock yarn to do this too.  I didn’t realize how much yarn I had accumulated in the past 18 months. I am lucky that it’s hard to find sock yarn in Singapore or else I’d be swimming in the stuff!  By the way there is a group on Ravelry devoted to personal/self-imposed sock clubs.
  • 11 Mittens in 2011.  It’s a straightforward challenge: knit eleven pairs of mittens this year.  If you’re interested check out the I Make Mittens group on Ravelry.
  • 52 Blog Posts.  I know, for some people blogging once a week is a piece of cake but it’s doubling the output for this blogger.
I would also like to knit my mom an outrageously awesome hat this year, to replace a comically bad one I crocheted her six or seven years ago.  (Whoa, has it really been that long since I made something for my mom?  What a bad daughter.) My mom is more deserving of knitted gifts than many people in my life, because she proudly wore that ridiculous hat to work every day that winter.  A mother’s love.
Before I dig into all these new challenges, I feel obliged to finish up my big projects from last year.  I have both secret Christmas knitting gifts off the needles and will hopefully mail them out soon.  I am also thisclose to finishing Nancy’s sweater:
I am pretty sure I can get the knitting done this week and another week for the finishing.  Woo hoo!
Besides the sweater I’ve got this fun cowl on the needles, but I’ll save the details for an FO post since I’m already almost done with it.

And I’ve got these cotton socks for the bf.  I was less than halfway done with the first sock on 1 Jan, so I’m counting these as sock #1 of 2001.


The flip of the calendar, and a totally crazy year ahead personally, has me energized and ready to rumble.  2011, bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment