Saturday, May 14, 2011

FO: Daybreak shawl

My blogging mojo had disappeared for a while but I finished a shawl the other day and managed to get some photos of it:
Pattern: Daybreak by Stephen West
Yarn: Cascade Venezia Worsted
Needle: 5.5 mm
My project page


(Modelled by my lovely sister, who is also wearing a hat I recently knit but never blogged about.)


The pattern was fun and simple.  I knit a small size but on much bigger needles; the end result is just a tad bit small for me to wear as a shawl but as you see it totally works for a more petite person.  I plan to give this to my mom, maybe for Christmas?

And this yarn may be my new favorite.  I loved knitting it, and love the way it feels knit up.  Squishy and smooth. The blend is 70% merino and 30% silk.  I'm thinking I will knit my next sweater out of the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment