Friday, January 22, 2010

Loot

Most of the last month I have been traveling, including going Home (with a capital H) for a week. Now that I'm back at home (with a little h), with a bad case of jetlag and a little bit of homesickness, I haven't felt like blogging. To make matters worse I'm having a hell of a time finding good opportunities to photograph stuff - the lighting in my room is total crap and I kinda have to work during daylight hours.

But, there were so many goodies waiting for me in my mom's mailbox. I'll show just a few.

The biggest thing I had ordered was the East Meets West bag kit from KnitPicks.

I also got a book to help me use up the leftover yarns and feed my newfound addiction to mittens:

I got a ton of sock yarn (most of it not shown), some more 2.0 mm circs (I like to knit socks using two circs), and another book about knitting socks:


I've been reading Wendy's blog for a couple years now and I'm looking forward to trying some of her patterns.


Before I dig into any of this stuff though, I have more pressing projects. First off, I really want to finish, or at least get close to finishing, this damn Cleopatra Wrap. I've definitely made progress while travelling:

Secondly I've got a sweater that I really want to finish by the end of February. Of course, I just cast on a few days ago, so it's not likely. But, I will give it the old college try and so the wrap is back to being train knitting until further notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment