Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I planned to make a sweater for a friend as a Christmas gift and I never even cast on. Which is pretty pathetic, there wasn't even a pretense of getting it done in time. Anyway, I finally got around to it last week, and I'm really going to try to finish it before she visits me in late February. It's Lily from Twist Collective.

The yarn is from Knitting Notions and the color is gorgeous! Unfortunately, one of my skeins is clearly a different dye lot, but 1) what can I expect when I waited until she put the yarn on clearance, and 2) I might be able to squeak by without it because my friend is small. I used the oddball skein for the swatch, stitch gauge is spot-on with 3.75 mm needles but row gauge is a bit off (8 rows/in instead of 7 rows/in). Since my friend has a long torso anyway, I am trying to gently correct for my tighter row gauge as I go.

Also, knitting bobbles is a pain in the ass. But they're kinda cute. Reminds me of boys, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment