Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's 2009? Seriously?

This blog has been quite lame lately.

I have decided to change that.

I have plenty to blog about, so why not just do it?

This post is pic-less, because it's dark out and if I wait to post it will be another eon before I decide to get my a$$ into gear.


So, what have I been up to lately? A lot of traveling. I spent a whole month away from my apartment. Which sounds like great time for knitting, but I actually had very little time to knit (I spent an ungodly number of hours on airplanes, but I can't seem to get much knitting done while flying.) I got back last week, but my bf was in town and he just left this morning. He lives on another continent and I won't see him again until April, so I wasn't spending a whole lot of time knitting then either. I did, however, go out to eat waayyy too many times, since bf wanted to eat at all his favorite restaurants during the ten days he was here.

Anyway, all this time away from knitting has made me realize how much benefit I get from clacking those needles. As a recovering nail-biter, keeping my hands busy prevents me from gnawing my fingertips off. I thought I had beaten this nasty habit, but a few weeks without knitting and my nails are G-O-N-E. That alone is enough to make me cast on for something immediately (as if I don't have too many WIPs already!).

So, now that I am going to have some sense of normalcy for a while, it's time to get back on the wagon and assess my current situation, which means prioritizing my WIPs, many of which were supposed to be Christmas gifts. (Let's not talk about that.)

Next time I will show a few of them. Right now, I am off to my first salsa dancing class. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment